NOTICE OF RACE
CLASSIQUE VIRGINIE HERIOT
From Friday September 4 to Sunday September 6, 2020
The Regatta will be governed by:
- the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS),
- National prescriptions translated for foreign competitors defined in joined appendix named "prescriptions"
- FFVoile regulations
- Part B, section II of the IRPCAS (International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea) when they replace the rules of part 2 of the RRS
In case of translation of this notice of race, the French text twill take precedence.
Boats may be required to display the advertising chosen and supplied by the organizing authority. If this rule is broken World Sailing Regulation 20.9.2 applies.
3. ELIGIBILITY - ENTRY
3.1 The Regatta is open to:
TYPES ----------- Measurement
Auric yachts, pre-1970 Marconi yachts, metric or series yachts, vintage yachts, classic spirits ------- Jauge Classique JCH
Classic dinghies from before 1970 ---------- Intersérie Application de la jauge intersérie
3.2 Competitors (each crew member) having a FFVoile license shall present during registration:
- their valid FFVoile club license with “Competition” notation certifying previous presentation of a medical certificate certifying the absence of any medical objection to participation in sailing competition
- or their valid FFVoile club license with « Adhesion » or « Pratique » notation, accompanied with a medical certificate dated less than one year certifying the absence of any medical objection to participate in sailing competition,
- a parental authorization for the minors,
- if necessary a valid authorization to display advertising on boat,
- The measurement form or certificate of the boat.
3.3 Foreign competitors (each crew member) without a FFVoile license shall present during registration:
- a supporting document to justify their membership to a World Sailing Member national authority,
- a proof to be insured with a valid third-party liability insurance with a minimum cover of 2 000 000 Euros,
- A medical certificate (in French or in English) dated less than one year, certifying the absence of any medical objection to participate in sailing competition and a parental authorization for the minors.
4. ENTRY FEES – CREW DINNER
4.1 The entry fee will be as follows:
Class -------- Fee
Auric yachts, pre-1970 Marconi yachts, metric or series yachts, vintage yachts, classic spirits ------- 30 €
Classic dinghies from before 1970 --------- 30 €
Soling ---------- 45 €
4.2 Crew dinner on Saturday evening at restaurant Les Régates (optional) by reservation on Tuesday 1 September at the latest
Participation in dinner costs: € 43.50 / person
The dinner includes: starter, main course and dessert (identical menu for all guests) and a Saumur red and white wine package
5. RACE AREA & TIDE INFORMATION
The regatta will take place in the Bay of Le Havre and north of the channel of Le Havre.
Friday 04 September Saturday 05 September Sunday 06 September
HT 87 / 87 00:38 7.91m HT 86 / 84 01:09 7.87m HT 81 / 78 01:40 7.76m
LT 07:52 1.47m LT 08:21 1.52m LT 08:47 1.67m
HT 13:00 7.71m HT 13:30 7.67m HT 13:59 7.57m
LT 20:07 1.66m LT 20:35 1.75m LT 21:00 1.93m
The Soling series will sail from Friday 04 to Sunday 06 September. The other series will sail on Saturday 05 and Sunday 06 September.
* Friday 04 September :
- 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.: confirmation of registrations for the Soling series
- 1:00 : 1st warning signal for the Soling series
- 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. : confirmation of registrations for the other series
* Saturday 05 September :
- 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.: confirmation of registrations for the other series
- 11:00 a.m. : 1st warning signal for all series
- 7:30 p.m.: dinner at restaurant Les Régates (optional)
* Sunday 06 September :
- 11:00 a.m: 1st warning signal for all series
- 16:00 : prize giving ceremony
7. SAILING INSTRUCTIONS
The sailing instructions will be posted on the official board located on the 1st floor of the SRH.
8. PENALTY SYSTEM
RCV 44.1 is changed so that the Two-Turns Penalty is replaced by the One-Turn Penalty.
9.1 2 races are required to be completed to complete the regatta.
9.2 (a) When fewer than 4 races have been completed, a boat's series score will be the total of her race scores.
(b) When 4 or more races have been completed, a boat's series score will be the total of her race scores excluding her worse score.
10. HAUL-OUT RESTRICTIONS
Boats shall not be hauled out between the regatta, except with and according to the terms of prior written permission of the race committee.
11. RADIO COMMUNICATION
Except in an emergency, a boat that is racing shall not make voice or data transmissions and shall not receive voice or data communication that is note available to all boats.
12. DECISION TO RACE
The responsibility for a boat's decision to participate in a race or to continue racing is hers alone. Consequently, accepting to participate in a race or to continue racing, the competitor disclaims the organizing authority of any liability for damage (material and/or personal injury).
13. FURTHER INFORMATION
For any further information, please contact: Société des Régates du Havre – Quai Eric Tabarly - 76600 Le Havre, tél: 02 35 42 41 21, email: email@example.com